Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Camping at Lake Powell





Crazy formations and Jimmy's artsy photo





First view of Lake Powell!









Campsite set up at Hite Campground














View from "cell phone hill"

Jimmy's friend while I am on "cell phone hill".








Our camper looks so lonely!










Our friend Kent after he and Jimmy hiked around the lake.























We made plans to meet our friends at a campgound on Lake Powell in Utah. But we couldn't exactly find the campground, so drove on to another in the canyon area called Hite. After we got settled in, I asked the ranger about making a call on my cell phone. She sent me to Mile marker 51 where "some folks have some luck". Turns out I did have luck, after climbing to the top of the cliff. Anyway you can see from these pics that it is a vast open land, colorful and empty. My text finally got to Suzie and Kent and they did find us eventually.







No comments:

Post a Comment